Two Eko electricity workers electrocuted, confirmed dead


Two members of staff of the Eko Electricity Distribution Company in Lagos State have died of electrocution, the police in the state have disclosed.

The Police Public Relations Officer in Lagos, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, who made the disclosure on Sunday, said the incident took place in the Obalande area of Lagos Island.

Hundeyin said the case was reported to the Lion Building Division of the command on Saturday at 5.55 p.m. by another member of staff of the EKEDC from Lagos Island.

He said the EKEDC worker reported that on Saturday, one of his colleagues, simply identified as Umaru, 51 years old, got electrocuted while digging to locate a faulty transformer cable at the P&T Obalende area.