New signing Cristiano Ronaldo is now facing ban following his much talked about debut for his Saudi Arabian side Thursday night.
Ronaldo completed his latest move and was unveiled by the Arabian league side on Tuesday January 3, 2023
His new club Al Nassr, who are reportedly paying him £175 million a year, have sold all 28,000 seats for the match against Al Ta’ee and were set to see him kick-off his Saudi venture amid huge fanfare.
But the self-proclaimed ‘unique’ player, who left Manchester United in acrimony, is still to be punished for a misdemeanour and has been told he is barred from starring for Al Nassr, a source told Mail Online.
Ronaldo was hit with a £50,000 fine and suspended for two games by the England Football Association on November 17, 2022.
He was found guilty of improper and violent conduct after he smashed an Everton fan’s phone from his hand after United lost a match at Goodison Park last April.
Ronaldo slapped the hand of Jacob Harding as he stormed down the tunnel, damaging the boy’s phone.
His mother Sarah Kelly said her son’s hand was also bruised by Ronaldo.
While the investigation was ongoing last month, it was reported that Ronaldo would accept an improper conduct charge from the FA, but was determined to fight the threat of a potential ban.
The Independent FA panel was by chaired by Christopher Quinlan KC and it found Ronaldo guilty of ‘ a deliberate and forceful slap down’ which was ‘a petulant act.’