Connect with us

News

NFF boasts as Nigerian blasts FG, attacks Super Falcons in Austria

Published

on

Share

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) claims it has initiated moves to ensure the unmasking of the self-acclaimed Nigerian who got on the train with the Super Falcons in Vienna, Austria on Tuesday and made the players uncomfortable with inflammatory political talks.

Team officials explained on Tuesday afternoon that the girls, who had been in the Austrian capital since Thursday preparing for upcoming international engagements, opted to have a view of the city after their morning training, and decided on public transport to the city centre.

The guy, whose claim to be a Nigerian was much doubtful from his accent, launched into abuses against the girls for representing Nigeria, and kept saying that no one could touch him because that would amount to assault as he had not touched anyone.

His tirade did not unsettle the girls in any way as he was ignored
throughout, and the disciplined response infuriated him the more.

However, Nigeria’s FIFA Match Agent, Jairo Pachon said the matter has been immediately reported to the Austrian Police and
the Embassy of Nigeria, and the fellow, who was bundled out of the train at the next station, would be fished out.

“It is unfortunate. The girls were on the way to the city centre which was just a few minutes from the hotel. They entered this train and the guy got inside and started insulting them. He was bundled out at the next station and we have reported the matter to the Embassy of Nigeria and the Austrian Police. We have never had this kind of case with any of our teams and lessons have been learnt and we will be guided appropriately going forward.

“This incident will not in any way affect the team’s camping programme and they will remain in Austria until Saturday, 24th July as scheduled.”

President of the NFF and FIFA Council Member, Mr Amaju Melvin Pinnick said the NFF will immediately report the matter to world football–governing body, FIFA and would pursue the case to its logical
conclusion.


Share
Advertisement

News

Breaking: Nigeria’s D’Tigresses lose again at Tokyo Olympics

Published

on

By

Share

Nigeria’s women basketball team D’Tigresses on Friday lost their second game 87-62 versus France in the ongoing Olympic games in Tokyo Japan.

The Nigerian team had lost to USA during their first encounter at the games 

Details coming…


Share
Continue Reading

News

Chelsea make ‘audacious’ Lukaku €130m bid

Published

on

By

Share

Chelsea have tabled a monstrous €130million (£110.6m) bid to sign Romelu Lukaku as they ramp up their search for a No.9, according to reports in Italy.

The Blues have monitored Lukaku throughout the summer transfer window after he scored 24 goals to fire Inter Milan to the Serie A title last season.

Stamford Bridge chiefs have also kept tabs on Erling Haaland but they are said to be resigned to missing out on the Borussia Dortmund sensation.

As such, they have stepped up their interest in Lukaku and aim to lure their former player back to west London with an offer Inter may not be able to refuse.

That’s according to Corriere della Sera , which claims Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is keen to bolster Thomas Tuchel’s side with a marquee centre-forward signing.

The report adds Inter have not received an official offer, but they are already tempted by the huge money Chelsea are preparing to put on the table.

A nine-figure fee would make Lukaku the Premier League’s record signing, while the Belgian is no stranger to big-money moves having joined Chelsea, Everton, Manchester United and Inter for sums totalling almost £200million.

Lukaku spent a brief spell with Chelsea after arriving from Anderlecht in 2011 but failed to make an impression before joining Everton on loan in 2013 and permanently the following year.

The report from Italy explains Abramovich is desparate to give Lukaku a second chance at the Bridge and has sent his son to Milan to make contact with Inter chiefs.

Talks are understood to be underway, although the player himself appears to favour extending his stay at San Siro rather than moving back to the Premier League.

Inter chief executive Giuseppe Marotta recently declared Lukaku is not available for a transfer, telling Sportmediaset : “From our side, we can yes absolutely, Lukaku is not for sale.

“Lukaku is an important piece on the chessboard available to Simone Inzaghi.”

Inzaghi replaced Antonio Conte as Inter manager earlier this summer after the latter fell out with his bosses over the club’s transfer policy, despite the fact he led the club to the league title.

The crux of the problem between Conte and Inter supremos related to the club’s financial crisis and need to sell players, which means Marotta’s resolve regarding Lukaku is not as strong as it may appear.

Inter parted ways with star wideman Achraf Hakimi earlier this month after agreeing an initial £51.3million fee with Paris Saint-Germain.

But the club’s finances remain in a dire state and the huge bid Chelsea are readying for Lukaku may convince them to cash in.


Share
Continue Reading

News

Chinese billionaire sent to prison for ‘picking quarrels and provoking trouble’

Published

on

By

Share

ByKyle Barnett

Sun's sentencing on Thursday is one of many high-profile cases the Chinese government has pursued against outspoken entrepreneurs in recent years. File Photo by Stephen Shaver/UPI

July 29 (UPI) — A Chinese court on Thursday sentenced an outspoken billionaire businessman to nearly 20 years in prison for “provoking” trouble and conspiring to oppose state institutions.


Share
Continue Reading

Recent Posts

Trending