Connect with us

News

Breaking: Moses quits Chelsea, joins Russian club

Published

on

Share

Chelsea have announced Victor Moses has made a permanent move to Spartak Moscow.

The 30-year-old wide man was on loan at the Russian club last season, making 20 appearances.

The Nigerian joined the Russian outfit last summer on loan after failing to win over former Blues boss Frank Lampard, with the deal turning permanent if Spartak finished in the top three of the Russian Premier League.

And his temporary stay in the Russian capital proved to be a success, as he scored four goals and laid on as many assists in 19 appearances as Spartak finished runners-up to champions Zenit St Petersburg.

One of his strikes came in Spartak’s final game of the season, with his 82nd-minute strike earning them a 2-2 draw at Akhmat Grozny and ensuring they finished a point above city rivals Lokomotiv, securing a place in the third round of Champions League qualification ties in the process. 

The Russian side used Moses in the right wing-back role that made him so crucial to Antonio Conte in Chelsea’s last Premier League title-winning season in 2016-17. 

After joining Chelsea in 2012 from Wigan, Moses went on to play 128 times for the Blues, scoring 18 goals, and win the Premier League, FA Cup and Europa League.

As well as Spartak, he also had stints on loan at Liverpool, Stoke, West Ham, Fenerbahce and Inter Milan during his time with Chelsea.

Moses, scorer of 12 goals in 37 appearances for Nigeria, played at the 2014 and 2018 World Cups and helped the Super Eagles win the African Nations Cup in 2013.


Share
Advertisement

Africa

NSCDC dismisses viral video on ‘bandit personnel’

Published

on

By

Share

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has dismissed a viral video purporting that a member of the corps confessed to being a bandit.

The suspected bandit, Mr Abdullah Saidu, in the viral video called himself personnel of the Corps.

This is contained in a statement issued by the NSCDC Spokesperson, Mr Olusola Odumosu, in Abuja.

Newsmen report that Saidu was arrested in connection to a group of armed bandits terrorising some parts of Koton Karfe Local Government Area of Kogi.

The spokesperson said that the NSCDC has set up a team to investigate the available records to confirm the authenticity of Saidu’s claims that he was the corps personnel.

“The general public shall be adequately briefed on subsequent findings.“Based on the aforementioned, the purported video where the alleged suspect openly confessed to the crime did not in any way give credence to or affirm his membership to the Corps.

“Experience has shown that criminals are fond of impersonating security operatives in order to divert attention, subvert investigation or get away with the crime,” he said.

Odumosu further noted that the NSCDC was saddled with the responsibility of protecting lives and property amongst others.

“The Corps will not in any way condone any saboteur of national security or sponsorship of criminals.”He reiterated the Corps’ zeal to discharge its statutory mandates without compromise but with humility and integrity.

He said the NSCDC will continue to synergise with sister agencies to combat crimes in the country.

Source: (NAN)


Share
Continue Reading

Africa

Federal government to incorporate NNPC board in six months

Published

on

By

President Muhammadu Buhari
Share

President Muhammadu Buhari said on Sunday he had appointed a board for the NNPC and directed that it should be incorporated within six months, a move that could allow it to sell shares in the future.

The President signed the petroleum bill into law last month which has been in the works for nearly two decades, aiming to overhaul the sector and turn the state-owned oil company into a private firm.

The new oil law requires NNPC to be incorporated within six months, Buhari said in a statement, appointing Ifeanyi Ararume as NNPC chairman and its current Chief Executive Mele Kyari to lead the firm.

Kyari has said NNPC could consider an initial public offering (IPO) within three years. The incorporation could pave the way for NNPC to sell shares.

Buhari said last month that NNPC made its first profit in 44 years in 2020.

Source:(Global World News)


Share
Continue Reading

News

Niger state becoming safe haven for fleeing Zamfara bandits

Published

on

Share

Shiroro Local Government in Niger State has cried foul over the influx of bandits and terrorists fleeing Zamfara state.

The bandits/terrorists are identified by their masks and motorcycles, and their presence is causing fear and apprehension among the locals, spokesman of the local government, Salis M. Sabo disclosed in a statement.

Sabo said the bandits are believed to have flown from “Zamfara or other adjoining troubled states which the Niger State borders through Shiroro.

“The marauders have started showing their ugly faces in Galadiman Kogo, Zama, Magami, Maganda m, Paleli, Iburo, Chukuba, Dnasapa all in Shiroro Local Government.

“The military operation going on in Zamfara needs to be well coordinated and replicated in other States on Zamfara borders so as to save the vulnerable neighboours from bearing the brunt arising from the operation.

“The Coalition of Shiroro Associations (COSA) calls on the authorities concerned to swiftly intervene and listen to the cries of the people of Shiroro” Salis M Sabo said.


Share
Continue Reading

Recent Posts

Trending