Connect with us

News

Breaking: Electric warmer burns 2 in Jos as weather freezes residents

Published

on

Share



Tragedy struck in Jos, Plateau state capital on Friday night after two young men in their mid-twenties died as a result of electric spark which caused plugged electric warmer to burn them while asleep.

Investigation revealed that the two friends switched on the machine before they slept same Friday night following hash freezing weather that has rocked the ancient city recently.

The two young men that were residents of Gangare community of Jos North Local Government Area.

However, their death was confirmed on Saturday evening by Alhaji Labiru Idris, elder brother to one of the deceased, Blueprint reports.

Alhaji Labiru said the name of his brother is Saminu Idris 25, and his late friend Idris also 25.

In the last three days, temperature in Jos, has been fluctuating between 6.7 to 9 degrees Celsius.

As at the time our Correspondent visited the house Friday evening, People were seen commiserating with family members.




Share